Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hello there! This is a blog about my wonderful almost husband, Michael Knudson, and me (Jamie Lamoreaux almost Knudson) and our new adventure together! Michael and I are going to be getting married in August and I am so excited! We met each other at The Glenwood Apartments in Provo and have been engaged for about 5 months now. Everyone asks, so I'll save myself some talking time and tell you the proposal story!
It was the week before Easter this year (2012) and we were going to go up Provo Canyon that Thursday night. Turns our Michael was going to propose  to me that night, but life happened and it didn't exactly "pan out." I came back to my apartment that night and my roommates ran out screaming and I had to tell them that it didn't happen. Ya, it was kind of awkward.
The next day Michael and I were going to go to the Cheesecake Factory with both of our parents for dinner. I decided that I would take a nap before we went. I woke up to someone knocking on the door. It was Michael. He asked if I wanted to head up to my house early (because we were carpooling with my parents.) I thought it was kind of wierd that he would suggest that but I agreed and we were on our way. As we were driving he turned up Provo Canyon instead of turning onto 8th to go home. I almost reminded him that he was supposed to turn there but decided against it.
We stopped at the park where they have the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival and Michael asked if I wanted to go on a walk. Turns out that it was freezing cold outside with a strong wind and little snow flurries. When we got out of the car Michael got a little Easter basket out of the car and said it was his "I'm sorry gift" for the previous night. We brought it with us on our little walk and after a little while we sat down on the rock and Michael told me that there was something special in each of the Easter eggs in the basket. In each one was a different reason why he loved me! Cute right? Ya, he's the best. In the last egg there was a really really great reason and I was supposed to read it out loud but I was too embarrased. So when he thought I was done reading it he got down on one knee and pulled out the ring and asked me to marry him! It was awesome! Needless to say he is the greatest man I know and I can't wait to start the rest of forever with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment